Environmental Incident Management
Building Health Sciences’ proprietary Critical Environmental Incident Management Path unites our clinical medical approach with scientific principles and building diagnostics. This enables us to focus on critical asset protection which means both human assets and infrastructure assets. This allows us to:
- Ensure the health and safety of building occupants through our parallel “white coats and hard hats” investigative methodology
- Internally collaborate with property management and building maintenance professionals during our investigation to identify the contaminant source
- Provide effective risk communication throughout the entire process of investigation, based on relevant medical and scientific literature, delivered by highly-skilled, medically-trained experts
- Work with multi-disciplinary professionals on the hard cost issues of remediation and, if needed, the forensic causal challenges of root cause identification and correction
- Effectively estimate, manage and mitigate your financial exposure, and
- Prevent costs from becoming disproportionate to the prescribed health-based solutions.
Our unique medical evaluation and oversight bring focus and credible risk communication to enable our clients to succeed in the face of the perceived fear and uncertainties caused by existing or potentially adverse health-driven situations which threaten day-to-day operations.
Our Experience and Competencies for Critical Environmental Incident Management include:
- Large Scale Environmental Incident Management – Mold, Moisture, Asbestos, Legionella, Ebola
- Building Science / Construction Defect / Root Cause Analysis / Cause and Origin
- Environmental Advocacy Services
- Mold and Moisture Intrusion Investigations
- Environmental Sampling – mold, VOCs, dust, formaldehyde, lead, asbestos
- Health-based Mold Remediation Design, Planning and Coordination
- Focused Remediation Implementation with Medical Oversight
- Risk Communication, Crisis Management and Critical Thinking – Hazardous Materials and Infectious Agents
BHS maintains a national presence with our portfolio of services and network partners which provides a single point of coordination and control for our clients.